Looking at starting an afterschool or summer program? These resources provide step by step details. As always, feel free to contact us for any questions!
- Impact Afterschool Start-Up Guide 2012
- SEDL Start Up Guide Afterschool
- SC Law: Jacobs Law
- Creating Quality – Before You Start
- Department of Social Services Licensing Regulations
In South Carolina, afterschool and summer learning programs are exempt from licensing. As highlighted in Department of Social Services Licensing Regulations, Afterschool programs operate less than 4 hours per day and Summer camps operate in less than 3 week intervals. Most programs adhere to own organizations best practices or standards. As a reminder, below are components the South Carolina Afterschool Alliance endorses. Read for more information.
- Prepared Staff
- Intentional Programming
- Alignment with School Day
- Promotion of Varied Youth Engagement
- Development of Strong Community Partners
- Promotion of Safety, Health and Wellness
- Sustained Student Attendance and Access
- Ongoing Assessment and Improvement
Join and be a part of over 1300 diverse individuals and organizations who share the same mission of improving access to quality out of school time programs!
Join The Network
We compiled resources including research, funding opportunities, activities, and more! All of which we hope will be useful to out of school time stakeholders.